Avocado Soup with Chicken and Lime
Write a review
- Four 6-inch corn tortillas, julienned
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 white onion, sliced thinly
- 8 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 4 fresh jalapeno peppers, sliced
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into thin strips
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Arrange tortilla strips on a baking sheet and bake in preheated oven until lightly browned, 3 to 5 minutes.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook onion, garlic and jalapenos in olive oil until lightly browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in chicken, chicken broth, lime juice, tomato, salt and pepper. Gently simmer until chicken is cooked, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in avocado and cilantro and heat through. Adjust seasonings.
- Ladle soup into bowls and sprinkle with tortilla strips to serve.
Folic Acid Everyday http://folicacideveryday.org/